7 SKINCARE MISTAKES
I did this for the longest time! I would hop out the shower, grab my towel to dry my body and use that same towel to dry my face.
Well, let’s think about it… that towel has been sitting in the bathroom for days where it gets humid then dry, multiple times a day. This is the perfect place for bacteria to thrive. Something to think about!
Here are my suggestions of what you should do instead:
- Use face towels and change them out daily. These are quite inexpensive and you will not have to worry about bacteria! Make sure you are patting and not rubbing when you dry.
- Just don’t dry! Yep, you heard that right. Lately I’ve been hopping out of the shower and then starting my skincare routine. My face feels so nice and hydrated- love doing this!
Ahhh yes, let’s not irritate our eyes! Applying your eye cream too close can do that. Throughout the night as you are blinking, your eye cream is traveling closer and closer to your eye which is why you start feeling that burning sensation. Here is what you should do instead:
- Apply your eye cream on your orbital bone. Use your ring finger and tap your eye cream on your eyebrow bone and orbital bone. As I mentioned above, as you blink your eye cream moves up closer to the eye so applying it to your orbital bone will get to your eye area.
#3 Putting Vial Dropper Directly on Skin
Lately I have been using a couple of products that come in a vial with a dropper. I would always just take the dropper and put it directly on my skin and pump out the product.
I then realized that I was overusing the product since I could not really control how much I was pumping out and I learned that by doing this it was very unsanitary. So what’s the solution to this?
- Just pump however much you need directly in your hands! You’re going to pat it in after anyways, right? Just pump out the amount you need and there ya go!
How many of you stop your skincare routine at your face? You may want to rethink that! Our neck is one of the first places we start seeing signs of aging and that is due to the fact that we do not produce as much collagen in that area.
Collagen is a protein that is found in our body it's the glue that holds us together. The older we get, the less we produce. Which is why you see a lot of products highlight collagen!
Everything you do to your face, you should do to your neck & chest! That means cleanse, treat, moisturize and SPF (in a.m.).
Unfortunately I was someone who would rub in all of my products, use makeup wipes (we’ll talk about that later) and I was super rough with my eyes, which is the most delicate area. Then I would notice that my skin would sometimes be irritated… got to be more careful!
I learned to pat on all of my skincare products, except for moisturizer which I gently rub in. Plus, patting in will help with absorption and it feels good!
Yes, I said it. The product that I feel like we ALL have in our bathroom. Which I get since it makes it extremely easy to remove makeup. But this takes me back to being gentle with your skin. With using makeup wipes, you are being way too harsh since you are rubbing it on your skin. This can lead to irritation and hyperpigmentation. You’re also tugging at your skin which can cause wrinkles. But don’t worry, I have a solution for you!
- Do a double cleanse! It’s in the name where you are going to cleanse twice.
- Your first cleanse will consist of micellar water! This is going to soften and break up all of the makeup on your skin. It’s SO gentle on the skin, great for all skin types and it removes all of my makeup.
- Your second cleanse will consist of your regular cleanser which will wash it all away! This can include a foam, gel or cream cleanser. I personally use a gel cleanser from. It pairs so well with my micellar water and my face does not feel like it’s been stripped from all of the good oils that my skin produces!
#7 Not Using Facial Sunscreen
We all know how important it is to wear sunscreen, right? I mean we have been hearing about it since we were kids! But how many of you actually apply it to your face daily?
Believe it or not, this is the most important part in the skincare routine because sun exposure is one of the leading causes of premature aging. That means you could have the absolute best skincare routine but if you are not using your sunscreen on your face and neck daily then there is no point!
So even if you work indoors all day, please wear it! Even if it is winter, please wear it! Why take the risk of skin damage?
Perhaps you are thinking that you just cannot find one that is light enough to wear under makeup and will not leave a white cast on your face. I get it!
Luckily, I have found one that is lightweight, does not leave a white cast and does not effect my makeup! Meet my SPF BFF the Anew Daily Beauty Defense! I make sure to apply it to my entire face, neck and chest!
There you have it! 7 ways that I have completely changed my skincare routine. Please note, that I am not a dermatologist or aesthetician, just a skincare junkie that has learned a lot over the past year on what has improved my skin now and how to prevent future damage.
Did any of these totally shock you? Let me know!
If you have any questions for me or need product recommendations, let’s chat!HERE
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.ReplyDelete
You've shared some incredibly useful information about Authentic Restylane Lip Injections for Sale. This is frequently a terrific way for us to broaden our knowledge while remaining useful. Thank you for bringing this article to our attention.ReplyDelete